Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 29.01.2018. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Eng Technician
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : IFS, Projects & Design, ELN
Location : East London
Reporting To : Senior Engineer
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 10155973
Position Purpose :
Position outputs :
1. Compile technical specifications in respect of required maintenance
2. To draft technical drawings to facilitate medications to meet operational and maintenance requirements.
3. Conduct condition assessment of infrastructure assets, report on findings and compilation of maintenance plans resulting
from condition assessments.
4. Root cause analysis of engineering problems and come up with designs to solve the problems identified
5. Maintain technical library for reference
6. Project and contract management in respect of civil and operational projects to ensure completion of contracts
7. Site supervision of contractors to ensure compliance by contractors
8. Management of civil, roads, waste and horticultural maintenance to ensure condition of the infrastructure meets
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
9. Assist departmental managers in drafting maintenance budget
10. Draft minor works specification for projects, equipment and tools required by the department
11. Execute all infrastructure related maintenance or works adhering to the AMPP and all related legislation
12. Assist finance manager in the management of fixed asset register for all infrastructure related assets( including movable
13. Site Development- To investigate a certain need for a required project by a client and to accumulate information to be
able to compile plans and the possibilities, as well as the economic viability thereof and then to give feedback to the parties involved
14. Surveys- To physically accumulate measurement and topographical information with instruments on the site for a project
which will be processed in office to be used for design/drafting of plans for the clients needs and support management with
15. Estimate- Compile block estimate from surveyed/measured data, draft proposals and suppliers quotations through supply
chain to ensure that the project is economically viable for the clients or the port.
16. Specifications- To specify technical data of materials, workmanship and procedures in a contract format or on plan to
ensure that required standards of the client and Port are achieved
17. Project Management- To manage and control projects for a client or port to ensure that contractors perform according to
prescribed specifications and plans within the contract budget. Make on site decisions to get past obstacles and amend plans
Qualifications & Experience :
Click here to apply