Closing date: 2018/01/27
Job Title Silo Grader – Pretoria West
Department Processing and Milling
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location – Town / City Pretoria West
Location – Province Gauteng
Location – Country South Africa
A vacancy exist for a Silo Grader at Milling in Pretoria West. The position will report to the Silo Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The successful incumbent will be responsible for the correct grading of all grain samples received as per national grading regulations and that all information on your shift pertaining to the grading results are captured on introspect.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Matric with maths
• Wheat/ maize grading knowledge and experience
• Basic computer literacy
Must be able to work shifts
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Grain grading
• Computer Literate
• Record keeping
• Mechanical Knowledge
• Take accountability for results and actions.
• Team player
• Meticulous and attention to detail and precision
• Ability to work in high paced environment with tight deadlines
• Administrative skills
• General knowledge of milling and the effect of grain qualities
• Logical thinking
Duties & Responsibilities
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• GRADING OF WHEAT AND MAIZE
• Safety and food safety regulations and requirements as per company policies and FSMS are adhered to all times.
• Assist with signing transporter delivery books upon arrival and issuing queue ticket.
• Machines checked for efficiency on each shift Breakdowns and or mechanical, electrical problems immediately reported by job card with necessary follow up until completion
• Ensure that all grading information and documentation is correctly filled in and all results captured on introspect
• Ensure that all water addition screening figures and bin dip calculations is correctly recorded daily
• Assist silo operator in any general silo duties as needed per shift
The incumbent will be required to work shifts. Applications without wheat and maize grading experience will not be considered.
Click here to apply